Has anyone ever been told they had/are having a miscarriage and find out later they are still pregnant?

I had a miscarriage in March. It lasted 3 weeks. Then 6 weeks later I got my period, but didn't stop bleeding for a month. It has stopped. I haven't had a period since May. I have tested over and over and I get a negative. However, I sometimes feel that I could be pregnant. I'm sure its all in my head, but has anyone ever been through what they thought was a miscarriage, only to find out they were still pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no
    ciaras_mom_05

Answer by ciaras_mom_05 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Yes, if they were carrying multiples.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I know my MIL had a miscarriage during pregnanacy and come to find out it was twins and she had only lost one and the other was born healthy and fine
    kaylan3

Answer by kaylan3 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Yes. I had bleeding, cramping, etc. and nothing was showing on the ultrasound and I had a negative test. Found out around 20 weeks I was still pregnant because after I still hadn't had a period I tested again and that time it was positive again. The ultrasound confirmed it was the same pregnancy.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2011