My 14 month old daughter has what the dr. called yeast lesions on the outside of her vagina and I did everything that the dr said to do to get rid of them and now hey are back not even a week later. Is it something that I am not doing that is causing this to happen to her?

AleksaDean1014

Asked by AleksaDean1014 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Health

• i would call your doctor and tell him what you have done and see if there is maybe more you can do to make it go away or maybe the medicine stopped working and you need to try a different one and that may help
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• what type of cream did he give you to put on them?

best thing I've found for that though is lotramin AF (athlete's foot cream)
    Anonymous

• My daughter had a bad yeast infection when she was a newborn. I had mastitis, went on and antibiotic, and she got a yeast infection from it. The doctor gave me Vusion. It's a prescription yeast infection cream made especially for babies. It was wonderful. If you have a copay with your insurance, there is no generic, so it might be a little expensive...but it is well worth it, if you haven't already tried it.

http://www.rxlist.com/vusion-drug.htm 

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Is she too young to be put on probiotics? She needs to have some good bacteria in her system to help combat the bad bacteria (yeast). Does she like yogurt? If so, try to push that as much as you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2008