What do I do?!?!?!

My kids are driving me nuts and my patience is wearing thinner and thinner. I know kids will be kids and they call it the terrible twos for a reason but they are constantly telling me no, making messes deliberately just to piss me off. they dont even play with their toys!! I posted that "I need help" because I am always yelling and some of the stuff that comes out of my mouth is appalling its probably considered verbal abuse and emotional abuse. What do you do when your blood pressure comes to a boiling point with no warning? should I get on meds? I have a feeling im probably bi-polar or something because I have mood swings like crazy!! Please dont bash me Im just being honest and I really would like some input.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sounds like burn out! If we don't take care of ourselves we don't have it to give. Be easy on yourself, this isn't uncommon. Take care of yourself, get some down time... you will feel human again. Also be sure you are getting Vitamin B & Vitamin D these make a huge impact when we don't enough of them depression is often a symptom.
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 1:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• Are you getting some time to yourself to do adult activities????? Or even just breathe? It makes the difference for me between blowing my top and coming home refreshed ready to take on those crazy filled days! GL mama!
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 10:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• If you think you may have bipolar disorder then you need to see a psychiatrist in order to be evaluated and possibly put on some mood stabalizers. If it is bipolar contributing you will find a big difference in your stress level once your mood is leveled out.

The blood pressure could just be from stress, and as long as its not elevated all the time and your not having any other symptoms you are probably ok, but better to talk to your doctor about it just to be safe.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think you need a break. Is there someone that can watch the kids for a couple of hours a week so you can have some down time? Don't feel bad for doing something that 99% of parents have done at one or more times in their lives. NO parent is perfect and ALL parents need a break and they deserve a break.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• devilWere things like this prior to having kids? The moods swings I mean? I know for me, I can have wild mood swings when I am not medicated and I am bipolar. Lucky for my family I am. I am here if you ever need to chat. Feel friend to friend me.

zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I make them go play in their room/s. Tell I am ready for them to come out.

Answer by louise2 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Are the kids 2 because that is always a tough age. Usually, in a heated moment, put them in the safe place and you go into another room and breathe. I agree about getting away. Taking a break. Also, getting control of the kids is key and part of that is exercising them. Wear them out! Good luck.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I go to school 3x a week and thats about as much of a break as I get most of the time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Prior to having kids I had mood swings when I was PMS'n. Last saturday I kicked my husband and the kids outta the house so I could have some "me" time because I totally flew off the handle and I don't even wanna repeat what I said cause I am so ashamed of it. but he was gone for about an hour or so and i did feel a whole lot better but I cant always be kicking them out of the house lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• so would be locking the door so they cant come out be considered neglect? I have done that more then once I just dont like to
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011