Lots of Tennessee questions >>>>>

I am possibly moving to Tennessee next month, SO got a promotion and the postion is in the Memphis area.
So questions:
Good places to live around that area?
Whats the cost of living like?
What are the places to avoid?
Job outlook?
Any answers would be helpful thanksss mamas!

mamakalkowski

Asked by mamakalkowski at 10:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Travel

• http://www.city-data.com/city/Memphis-Tennessee.html

This site helped me out alot when we moved to Tennessee.  We live in Cleveland on the Eastern site of the state.  We moved from a city with a population of about 8,000 to a city with the population of 40,000.  Culture shock just about.  Hope this helps.  Congrats on SO getting a promotion!!!

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I don't live there but I sure do enjoy visiting. :) Cost of living isn't outrageous. Try and stay on the outskirts of Memphis if you can.
    Don't forget to check out the schools first!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:35 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• I'm from Tennessee born and raised. I really don't alot about the Memphis area but around downtown is rough from what I hear. I was born and raised in the Nashville area.
    mom2lilangels

Answer by mom2lilangels at 9:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2011