College question

Any women currently in college how do you balance school and family

lorettalw

Asked by lorettalw at 10:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in

• I just graduated, the most important thing is scheduling your time, including time for homework. I would sit down at the begining of the week and set out a schedule including the work I had for that week and prioratize my homework time. Having a calendar is also very important so you can mark down deadlines right away and any out of class meetings, presentations you may have.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• :) I am currently a full time student, next term I will be taking online classes because the baby will be so new. After that, I will be taking most of my classes at night, or only two days a week. Its not so bad :) grandma will be watching her during the day if I need to take any classes during the day. Also, some Universities and community colleges will have a child care center you can utilize. I won't be going back to work though. I cannot imagine family, school and work! I get enough financial aid to help with bills and stuff :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 10:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Oh yrs great ideas I am currently a college student also I am a sophomore and i just wanted to know if people were having problems with balancing the two I take online also but plan on doing both for fall
    lorettalw

Comment by lorettalw (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Do your homework or reading when the kids are napping or sleeping. If you have a partner, make them watch the kids for an hour or so, so that you can get some homework done.
    ashlet01

Answer by ashlet01 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Yes. I have schedules, ignore the phone when I am studying, I carry my books with me everywhere I go and read whenever I get a chance. I take 7 week classes, one after the other, so there is a LOT of reading every week. My courses are 4 credits each so the workload is demanding but it will only take 2 years to get a Bachelors degree. I have homework time for my son and I and we do our homework together. I go to class early and take that time to study. Make sure the kids and husband help out too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Get a planner and a home calendar. Make sure everyone is aware of the schedules.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2011