Advice!!!!!

My son's father just had a baby with his new girlfriend a few days ago my son is three and he been with his girl for over a yr now what upsets me is that he doesnt call for his son or nothing at all he dont give me money for him but yet he got money to support his place,girl,nd newborn and his girl telling the whole world how he is such a great babyfather and goes all out for his lil baby and she dont mention n e thing about my son he's 23 i dont got to tell him to come visit and pick up his son if it wasnt for his parents that love their grandchild and picks him for the weeknd my son's father wouldn't bother at all with his son what should i do i dont want my son to grow up feeling some type of way because his dad loves his 2nd son more and always been there something he never done with our son i been there since day 1 24/7 in the good and bad im his mother and father im so upset...

jessy5208

Asked by jessy5208 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Just wait, I bet he's not much better at parenting this new kid either. You know what, foster the grandparent relationship and accept that your child won't have much of a Dad. I don't see how you can force him to love or be interested in your son. Sounds like he sucks, frankly. Down the road, you might meet a man who is a good role model for your kid. I'm sorry.
    Anonymous

• thanks for the advice and im upset because i love my son i would do n e thing to not see him sad when he gets older and see's that his dad is not around but as long as he got me will make it threw (=
    jessy5208

Comment by jessy5208 (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I agree, as long as you're always loving him, it'll be okay. My friend is in this same situation and HER side of the family is totally there. They support her and her son. It does work out.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• hate to say it, but guys like that typically repeat the same patterns.. they may be in baby bliss now, but I'll bet in a few years she'll be bitching about how lousy he is too.

don't bad mouth him to his son though, let him dig his own grave there... just be loving and supportive and try to keep the good relationship with the grandparents if they want to remain in his life :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I absolutely agree with everything you said xxhazeldovexx !!!!
    jessy5208

Comment by jessy5208 (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My ex husband left me and my son when my son was only 4 months old. I still showed my son photos of his father. I re married and my Husband became my son's Father figure my son calls him Daddy. My ex finally became interested, buying my son gifts and talking to him on the phone. All those years I took care of my son by myself and he never cared, I did not want my ex to be part of the picture because he doesnt deserve my son. But my son has a right to know who his father is, even if in my mind he is a complete loser. I thought it would be best to not recent him because of his stupidity! When my ex finally met my son for the first time in about 7 years, he couldnt believe how well mannered and smart my son is. To this day my son calls him "Father" when my ex asked why he didnt call him daddy my son said "I already have a daddy" So...your ex is an idiot! Your son is blessed because he has a great Mom!
    Bellhell

Answer by Bellhell at 11:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• You sound a tad bit jealous which is understandable. Let your son keep visiting his grandparents. You can't make a guy be a father.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jul. 14, 2011