I think my best friend is mad at me....

I JUST got off the phone with her to tell my husband goodbye and she didnt say anything upsetting about it....then i look on fb and she said i wish i had someone to talk to....I know she is in a rough spot with her husband and i have been there for her i pick her and the girls up almost every thursday to have a playate with my girls....and i told her i would call her back but she keeps me on the phone for hours and I love her to bits its just i need to clean put the girls to bed ect. ....I just feel bad i dont want her to be mad at me and i have tried to call her back twice and she wont answer.....i have no idea what i did wrong and note---through the 7 years i have known her we have NEVER fought...at all!!!! we have disagreed but not got angry so im kinda sad about it.....idk should....what should i do?

raeyliNlilysmom

Asked by raeyliNlilysmom at 11:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe she doesn't want to intrude on your time and realizes that your life is still going on while hers is in turmoil. I'm like that...I wouldn't want to burden anyone....But from what you described, it doesn't really seem like she's mad. Reply to her FB status and say "tried to call you".....then the ball is in her court.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• she is probably just depressed and feeling a little more depressed that you got off to say toodeloo to hubbster, giving her current situation. Id just start up a chat with her on fb, or text her that way you guys can end the convo when you want, and wont be tied into actualy having to find an excuse to get off the phone in 9 hours :-) Good Luck.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 11:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• well i just texted and asked if she was mad and she never said anything.....I feel like a jerk.......*sigh*
    raeyliNlilysmom

Comment by raeyliNlilysmom (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't feel like a jerk. You have a life, and your trying to be a supportive friend, but your husband and children come first before anything...
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• She might have someone else on the ph. Just text her and tell her you're there for her, and to call when she has free time tmrow. If you tell her to call when SHE has time, it won't look like you're trying to fit her into your schedule, but that you want her to fit YOU in hers.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I don't really see what you did that could be wrong. You do have to care for your family. I would think she's in a delicate spot right now and is a bit needy. She could feel a tad hurt that you had to go but the intellectual side of her must know it's only appropriate to deal with your own family. Tell her you love her via text and just give her space.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I told her she can call or text whenever she wants and i told hr if i upset her in any way im sorry :(
    raeyliNlilysmom

Comment by raeyliNlilysmom (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• She needs to decide if she does/does not want someone to talk to. You shouldn't feel bad. Perhaps send her a message on FB since she's obviously on there and just say hey I'm still up if you want to continue the talk. If she still doesn't respond, I would stop trying to reach out to her. You didn't do anything wrong and it's wrong of her to try to make you feel bad. I've had a few friends that have done that to me before. You have to realize that they may have a personality disorder where they need to be the center of attention, even if they're a good friend. The way she is behaving is childish and in the adult world, communication should be more direct and she needs to be more upfront than being passive aggressive. If she doesn't have the decency to reply to your message, she's not as good of a friend as you thought she was. It's simple courtesy just to reply with something.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would post something in response to her FB status and let her know you love her and that you are there for her. There isn't much more you can do.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• thank you all ladies....I feel alot better now :) I havent texted her again..
    raeyliNlilysmom

Comment by raeyliNlilysmom (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2011