When was the last time you did something kind for a stranger? What?

Do you view kind acts as important or you don't have time. And I know it's hard to find the time. People aren't overly friendly here so I feel like I'm intruding sometimes if I try to help someone. But I still try.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Last month.... I work near a SS office and a woman approached me in a restaurant parking lot. She had a head scarf on and you could tell she was looking for someone to talk to and she approached me and explained that she was at the SS office and lived four counties over and didn't have enough gas to get back... all of this said through tears. I asked her if she had enough gas to make it up the road to the gas station and I followed her and filled her up with $25 worth of gas.
    I don't give money, but food and gas, I will. I felt that I had briefly lifted a burden off of her shoulders... but then had to call hubby and tell him that I just spent 25 dollars that we needed. Luckily, he simply said "Well, baby, we do what we can, you just put some karma in the bank"
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2011

• A couple of weeks ago I paid for a kids lunch at Subway because he didn't have enough money. It was less than a $1 and the cashier had no idea what to do, so I paid for the rest. He thanked me about 10 times!!! I told him to go home and do something unexpected for his mom.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i was in mcdonalds and these kids were trying to find away to each get a mcdouble with 4 dollars. there was 5 kids so i got a mcdouble and gave it to the boy. :P
    theladyluna

Answer by theladyluna at 11:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I tipped a waitress $20 on our $20 meal. It was mothers day and she had a picture of her kids pinned to her shirt. She did a great job and wasn't resentful at all for having to work on mothers day.

Anonymous

• I let someone in line in front of me at Wal-Mart. I had a full cart and they only had a few items. I'd like to recommend a book that I think you'd enjoy. It's called The Seventeen Second Miracle by Jason Wright. It's a work of fiction about good deeds--very touching.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Awesome you guys!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• popzaroo, thanks I'll check it out!
    Anon, that was really generous!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Today! I am so proud of myself. Scott and I were coming home from my inlaws and we saw a car pulled over about 2 blocks from our house. There was 2 women and a child and an infant in the car with their doors and windows all open. One of the women ws holding the baby in the shade and the other was sitting in the car . We got home and I looked at Scott and said I am taking one of our big bottles of cold water to them. I threw it in the car and went back and they were so happy. Their car had stopped working and they had been there for 3 hours. I invited them back to our house to use the phone. Her mom went back to the car to wait for the tow truck while her, the infant and child stayed in the open garage area (she refused to come into the house, dont know why) So we put a large fan out in the garage and gave the child a bag of chips and a cold capri sun drink. They never said goodbye so we do not know when they left =)
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 12:46 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• A kind act can be as simple as holding a door. And yes I do something at least once a day and usually more. Even a smile or allowing someone to go ahead of you can make a large impact on those around us.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:31 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• I help as often as possible
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 8:29 AM on Jul. 14, 2011