Any louisiana lawyers here?

Have a question about business law in the state, which is ass backward from everywhere else. Husband and I have been speculating about purchasing a mini storage business. From my understanding, if a person that is renting from you defaults on payment, it is state law that you HAVE to throw away the contents, you can't lay claim to it or do anything else with it. My question is, is that right, and if it is, what if I stated in the lease agreement that ownership of contents will be transferred to the storage owner (me)? I know there are laws on the books about things like this JUST IN CASE there isn't a contract, but what if I made it a clause in the contract that I would own the contents? Would that be legal?

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• That's crazy, what about the shows I watch like auction hunters who sell storage units to the highest bidder?
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I don't know, but I've never seen any of those in Louisiana. Our laws here are so backwards from the rest of the country.
    mhaney03

Comment by mhaney03 (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011