Anyone's son or daughter have cerebral palsy?

I will be responsible for caring for a 7 year old, Emily who has cerebral palsy. Is there anything that stands out that I should know about? I haven't had much experience. She doesn't talk but she uses cards to tell us what she needs or wants. She can walk and she loves to laugh and be tickled and play games. I'm doing more research, but you how the internet can be...
Thanks for any pointers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• dont just assume she cant do something,she may do it different than what the "norm"" is but she is doing it alone. If she appears to be struggling dont just take over ask her do you need/want help or do you want to do this by yourself? If you are allowed to take her places what about the zoo,playgrounds,museums,jigsaw puzzles work fine motar skills. Introduce her to crafts such as finger painting,face painting, chalk art outside.I am the mom of a special needs child and more than anything they want to be treated just like all the other kids. Good luck and have fun with Emily
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 11:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• ok thats great advice! thank you very much. cant wait to do all those fun things with her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Jul. 14, 2011