How much of formula powder do I need?

My son is 7 months, drinks 30oz of breastmilk per day. I'm running out of milk and have to use formula. How long does a can of those formula power will last me?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it depends on how many oz you give him and how often..and it depends on how big the cans are. when my son was 8 months my doctor told us he needs 28 oz a day of formula. i would ask ur doctor
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Go buy a can and READ THE DIRECTIONS!!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:01 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• the smallest cans make about 90 oz and the large cans make about 130-150 oz. if you can, you should slowly add a formula bottle here & there while giving what milk you can since formula can be harder on the babies system, so a small can could last you anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 days.

my 12 week old drinks 26 oz a day so i usually go thru a can in 3-4 days.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:04 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• When my kids were drinking upwards of a quart a day, a small can would last us almost exactly 2.5 days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• 30 ounces is the top end of daily need. (24-30 ounces per 24 hr day is daily need.) You may need to look at how much he's getting at a time and how he's being fed with a bottle... you want to make sure there are paused so he's not gulping too fast to keep from choking.

Kellymom.com has some info on how to bottle-feed a baby with breastmilk... I know it sounds elementary but there are tricks to it that might help you out.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:09 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• It depends what size of it you get, the big box of it lasts quite a while, that is about 21 dollars for that. The cans last about a week maybe..While the others last 2 to 2 and a half weeks, but then again it all depends how much they eat a day too. So it's hard to say.
    Proudnewmommy11

Answer by Proudnewmommy11 at 6:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• yeah cans last like a week
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 8:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2011