Dentists?

I called nearly every dentist looking to get my 1 year old in for a check up and a flouride treatment. No one would take him until age 3. I then went to DS's Pedi and she said 3 also. My friend lives in a bigger city and her DS 2 weeks younger than mine got into a dentist for a checkup and flouride treatment. I live in a smaller town so I don't know what to do, No one will take him til age 3. I've always been a dental hygiene nut. So not being able to get DS into the dentist really worries and stresses me out. What should I do? Is it okay not to take him til age 3?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My doctor says five. I have just been brushing my DS'S teeth like a maniac and flossing the heck outta them. It's best I can do.
    MommysTired127

Answer by MommysTired127 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• my dentist and doc says 3 years! i brush her teeth and floss after every meal so i think she is fine! and i dont believe in fluoride so im not worried about that!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• well they now recommend the first check up at one because they're are soo many toddlers with rotted teeth..my first is 5 and didnt see the dentist until he was 4 my second just saw the dentist at 11 months..I took him to the clinic where they have a dentist office..as long as you take care of your babies teeth, they'll be fine :) my oldest didn't have one single cavity just needed his teeth cleaned..we brush two times a day, just make sure you get their molars really good bcuz thats where they start, the dentist also told me with the baby to make sure you get in on top where theyre gums are and scrape any plaque off with your nail or brush what ever works!!
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 1:12 AM on Jul. 14, 2011