How to go about finding someone whose name you dont know

Okay long story short. A co-worker recently had a baby with a man she had a one night stand with. She doesn't know his name, only his nickname. She wants to find him and tell him she has his child, but he doesnt even live in our city he was visiting from Los Angeles. She asked me to help her find him (I don't know why me?) but I don't know how to help her. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jul. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• go on facebook and type in his nickname....hey it's worth a shot. Otherwise {{shrugs}}
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• Does she know any of his friends? If not, I don't have a clue.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• Facebook sounds like a good choice. But why try to find him? It was a one-night-stand, not a marriage made in heaven. Is she hoping for child-support? She might be better off to raise the child alone, rather than risk her child's well-being with a total stranger. What if he wants custody? What if he's a child molester? What if he's a bit nuts, and decides to kill both mother and child, like the wacko in Grand Rapids last week? I'd say, "good riddance" and maybe the mom will be a little more careful with future liaisons.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 12:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• I don't suppose she knows where he works or something? Did she just run into him alone or does she have any idea who he may have been visiting? Good luck. This happened to a friend of mine several years ago actually. She was the one visiting his town on business though, they workded for the same company and hooked up at a party. Luckily it wasn't too hard to track that one down. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• My advice is this, before she tells him they have a child, for the sake of that childs protection, she should investigate this guy and his character. What if he is a child molester or an abusive man? The child would be much better off never knowing him! I have a bad feeling about this.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• I think she has more things to worry about than finding this guy. Who does one night stands with all the stds, aids..........just saying.
    CarrieR62

Answer by CarrieR62 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2011

• I don't think she wants child support or anything. She just wants him to know that he has a child. She says she met him on one of those chat lines that you see on the commercials all the time. They met up and the rest is history. By the time she found out she was pregnant he had gone back to L.A. I don't think she knows anything about him except his nickname, and that he is from L.A.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2011