Do Space Bags actually work?

lvlymummy08

Asked by lvlymummy08 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Home & Garden

• OMG YES!
    Anonymous

• If you have a good vacuum, yes!
    Anonymous

• I don't know if maybe I didn't know what I was doing, but when I tried them they didn't stay compressed for long. And you really do have to have a good vacuum. I had a cheap one and they didn't compress the bags at all. I had to borrow my mom's vacuum.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• It depends on the type of fabric you're storing. I bought several and they worked fairly well on comforters and stuff but I have a blanket that my grandmother knit for me and it very dense and holds very little air (unlike a comforter) so when I tried to store it in a space bag, virtually no air came out (because there wasn't any) so the blanket did not become any more compact. Overall, I was not impressed; I personally think there are numerous other, better ways to store things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Sorry, my computer's not cooperating!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• IMO, no. Half of the bags I had had some sort of leak I guess and never stayed air tight. I was pissed! I had all of my oldest son's clothes in storage and 3 of the HUGE bags full of clothes got ruined because the bags weren't airtight and let water in. I was so pissed. I will never buy them again.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 8:51 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I love them!! I have stored everyething from bedding, clothing to my sons old school work in them. They are a must.
    catnapz245

Answer by catnapz245 at 9:05 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I got an extra large one at target to store blanket ect. at my camp for the winter I was amazed on how much I could fit in there. 1 queen bed spread, 2 set of sheets, 4 pillow, 5-6 beach towel, 3 throw pillows and a few other things. I have an ok vacum there and it worked fine. I just dont know the long term effects of it I'll find out in the spring. I do know that a couple of my neighbors at camp use them and they swear by them.
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 18, 2008