Do you believe you have control over your future?

If you saw a 'vision' do you believe that it will come true no matter what or do you believe that based on the decisions you make things can change?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• You are the master of your own ship.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 11:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I believe everything happens for a reason and God put you were you are suppose to be at that time. On the other hand, He gave us free will to make choices for ourselves and that might put us somewhere else that was not in his plan. I guess what I am saying is decision you make things can change.  I hope I answered your question.

jepelican

Answer by jepelican at 9:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You have the ability to change the outcome of anything. It's free will.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Based on my beliefs according to the Bible, we have free will under any circumstance. Being given a vision, a prophecy, a warning of things to come... allows the receiver to make changes in their personal behavior whereby any negative outcome of the vision would be changed.
    naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 9:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• yes I have control over my own future.

butterfly effect. if even the smallest thing changes, the future is different.

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You can only not change a vision, if your actions have caused that outcome and no steps are taken to alleviate it.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 11:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I have influence over my future and i have control over how i respond to people and events in my life. the ability to choose my actions regardless of my feelings is what makes me human and is why i can control certain parts of my future - mostly in how i handle the events but i do influence the events also. i can control how i feel, and if i'm happy by acting the way i want to feel - usually that is. somethings are way beyond my control
    clara7

Answer by clara7 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yes. If you don't like what you see, then make "arrangements" to change it.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• there is free will, and you might have a vision that you will be this great missionary or preacher, but if you dont take the steps to get to that then you might never get there. I know many people that were supposed to be pastors but they are not there because they took other jobs got comfortable in them, and then started a family and then were afraid that they wouldnt get the bills met... it is free will.
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 4:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• If the vision came to you as a warning, you have a chance to change things. Unless you don't WANT to change anything.
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2008