i guess i am prepared for tthe truth, which only i can provide to myself. but any advice is welcome!

To all that answered and gave great advice...i am at a loss as to how i am to go about finding out if he is playing both sides with his ex. I have thoughts on texting her and straight up asking but affraid she will just cal him and B***** him out. Any advice?
what to do about dealing with the ex wife that likes to send sexual text to boyfriend and cant take when you stand up for youself? also my boyfreind and i now having the three kids over for the past four months, we are trying to get our foothold, but she keeps making things very diificult by calling and texting all hours of the night. I love these kids and this man, but i am wondering if this will ever stop!

mars1233

Asked by mars1233 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• I didn't see the first question on this... so I'm a little out of the loop... but is your BF playing into this whole thing with her? I mean.... if he is, then the problem is with him moreso than her --- your relationship is with him, not her. If that's the case, I'd just tell him he could have her & move on.

If SHE is the one persuing him... then he should have no problem severaly limiting contact with her. I mean, I understand they may have kids together..... but he can still block texting from her (there's no need to have that) and he can choose just to not answer his phone after a certain hour... things like that. Especially in YOU two have had the kids --- then there's REALLY no reason for her to be calling him all the time.

I dunno... that's all I got only know half the story... but hope it's a little helpful. G'luck.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• If he cannot get a handle on this situation with the Ex, then it looks to me like he IS playing both sides. She can't text him if he changes his phone number, right? That should have already happened! It is his responsibility to end this drama. If he is not doing it, you should think long and hard about this relationship.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I agree with both pp's. It's up to him to handle this situation, not you. And if you do try to call her, you'll only be giving her what she wants. Think about it, in her eyes you are the other woman. She WANTS to drive you nuts. When I first got together with my husband he had an ex girlfriend that would call him all the time. He only dated her for like two weeks but she still wouldn't stop calling him to tell him how they were meant for eachother. SHe had a really hard life so he didn't want to be mean, but it just got worse and worse and almost ruined us until he had to just step up and say "that's it, no more of this!"
    Anonymous

• Put your foot down girl!!!! It's up to him to make the change and be done with her!! If he does't you need to walk away...you are better than all this!!!!
    kjboesch

Answer by kjboesch at 10:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• it will not stop for three reasons.
    1. You are allowing him to behave like this and you are staying with him while he does it
    2. She has no reason not to behave like this
    3. He is getting the best of both worlds and is losing absolutely nothing by doing this

Oh, btw, he is playing both sides. this is painfully clear to me as an outsider.
    Anonymous

• I would set some ground rules with him, regarding what is appropriate and what is not, when dealing with his ex.

It is NOT appropriate for her to call or text at all hours of the day or night. Before 8 am and after 10 pm are unacceptable.

If her messages are not specifically regarding children they share, then he should ignore them.

If he's not willing to lay out some groundrules to her, then he is at the very least feeding off of her drama, and who needs it?
    devante9901

Answer by devante9901 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2008