HELP! Vagina problems!! (TMI)

I was supposed to get my period on 12/13. Today I started spotting. It's very light pink blood only when I wipe. BUT also, I'm experiencing extreme dryness, like to where it is sore/irritated when I wipe. Has anyone experienced this or know what it may be? I'm pretty sure it isn't a yeast infection because it doesn't itch at all. And I have no STDs and neither does my husband. What is this?? If it is pregnancy is the dryness a pregnancy symptom?? HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Health

• I suppose it could be with the changes in the hormones...but I always have more discharge when I'm pregnant. Are you sure you're not just raw from the antics of trying to conceive? lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Haha, well only the outside is irritated, which leads me to believe that it isn't from all the sex. Otherwise that is what I'd blame it on. The only this I've been doing different is going comando (lol) for the past 2 weeks. Could that be causing this?
    Anonymous

• Change your toilet paper! Something tuff thats not gonna shed. (like when toilet paper breaks off and leaves pieces on you I HATE THAT!!!) and maybe wear looser underwear. dont ever just "fall asleep" after sex, always pee becuase you can get an infection from that! my gyno just told me that cus i had the worse urinary tract infection ever! AND DONT DOUCE!!!! lol..
    HaviksMum

Answer by HaviksMum at 10:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Girl yeah that can cause it!! I could never go without panties or I would be RAW!!!! Especially if you've been wearing jeans! But no, I would seriously doubt a yeast infection too because there would be more discharge that was stinky or looked different and itching.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Try using some damp toilet paper to make wiping more comfortable. Go without panties and ditch any flavored or otherwise exotic lubricants. I would think that pink spotting is not from menses. Maybe some OTC vaginal relief cream. If it does not get better, call your GYN. Not worth the agony............
    Mrs.RLD

Answer by Mrs.RLD at 11:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• If you were pregnant, you should have an increase in CM, not dryness.
    Sometimes I get spotting a day or two before my period is full blown.
    I'm not sure about the other issue though.
    Type your symptoms into google and see what ya get to come up.
    And definitely give your doctor a call.
    Good luck!
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 4:28 AM on Dec. 18, 2008