Vagina problems HELP! (TMI)

I was supposed to get my period on 12/13. Today I started spotting. It's very light pink blood only when I wipe. BUT also, I'm experiencing extreme dryness, like to where it is sore/irritated when I wipe. Has anyone experienced this or know what it may be? I'm pretty sure it isn't a yeast infection because it doesn't itch at all. And I have no STDs and neither does my husband. What is this?? If it is pregnancy is the dryness a pregnancy symptom?? HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Pregnancy usually comes with an INCREASE in discharge not a decrease. Have you changed soaps or shampoos that you use in the shower recently? Or a laundry detergent or fabric softener that is new? These things can cause irritation, dryness, or an allergic reaction.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Well the only thing different is I've been going "comando" for about 2 weeks simply because I found it to be comfortable. LOL. I suppose this new found love of comfortable-ness could be the cause of my new found UNcomfortable-ness. haha
    Anonymous

• I would go see a doctor and with both of my kids i had a increase of discharge not a decrease, i have never had any of these problems just call if your doc is anything like mne im sure you can just call.........
    Anonymous

• It doesn't have to itch to be a yeast infection - mine don't itch, they hurt. So, it could be an infection and the spotting could be from being irritated. That's how I found out I was pregnant with my first - I had a raging, painful, bleeding yeast infection, and I was late - asked the doc if an infection that bad could cause no period, but she asked if I could be pregnant. Low & behold, you guessed it, I was pregnant (I was barely 19). So...if things don't change, and you don't do more than spot, take a test.
    Anonymous