contractions/braxton hicks/cramps...

would you really be able to tell if its braxton hicks or cramps????im 30 weeks today but this past saturday i had really bad cramps,well felt like cramps but it was pretty strong i couldnt get up from the couch..they had went away though so im guessing even though ive never felt cramps that way it was just cramps???
&& i always keep asking this,but will you REALLY know you have contractions not braxton hicks???

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Labor contractions don't go away and don't let up. They get progressively worse, and there's a pattern to them.

Braxton Hicks, while SOME people find them painful, are generally just annoying. I have seen some people saying that theirs were unbearable though. BH are sporadic, meaning there's usually no rhyme or reason to the pattern. They also go away eventually, where as labor contractions, like I said, do not.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• im about 31 weeks and I feel ya.... sometimes its gas,sometimes I think its just my body getting ready, but dont worry if they arent constint it they are 5 minutes apart and strong youll know to call the hospital. untill then just relax more and take it easy.
    mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I was induce with both of my kiddos but depending on your opinion of the pain scale is what really matters. Im not a big winnie and i was a four almost at five when I went in with my daughter. All they had to do was break my water. But if you think its time go dont hesitate you would rather be safe than sorry!!! lol
    ILUVMYKIDSTOO

Answer by ILUVMYKIDSTOO at 10:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I had braxton hick for months. If you lay on your left side and drink a glass of water they go away. They told me it was mostly dehydration.
    Shep04

Answer by Shep04 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I had braxton hicks for the last two months of my pregnancy one time they didn't go away they were very consistent so I went to the hospital, soon after I got there they stopped. Then a week later I thought I had bad gas, but then after I ahem released the gas the pain didn't stop and it was a different pain then the BH were so I thought well here we go and then my little boy came. It was also my third pregnancy which was radically different than my first two. So trust me you will know.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i'm 38 weeks today, and i've been having braxton hicks contractions since i was like 30 weeks... so i know how you feel..
    New_Mommy09

Answer by New_Mommy09 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 18, 2008