Progesterone Shots?

Has anyone ever had to get progesterone shots? My doc said he thought that may help to keep my progesterone levels up but he also said it hurts really bad? Anyone ever had them?

ErinT

Asked by ErinT at 10:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Sorry, no I have not but I am taking the pills.
    jepelican

Answer by jepelican at 10:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I had them from about 4 weeks to 11 1/2 weeks with my twin pregnancy. Some days it hurt worse than others, and some days I felt more sore than others. They weren't as bad as all the blood draws or the Rhogam shot I had. I did not want to give them to myself in the thigh (seemed like that would hurt worse), so I had my husband give them in my hip. I think it was kind of hard for him the first few times, but we got through it and so did our babies. I miscarried a pregnancy before the twins, and I think it was because I started the progesterone too late that time. I highly recommend taking the shots if your doctor is recommending it. Good luck.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2008