HOW DO I KEEP MY 2 YEAR OLD FROM UNWRAPPING THE PRESENTS UNDER THE CHRISTMAS TREE?

JANEDOE5683

Asked by JANEDOE5683 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • my son who is three... tried to open them and i guess this sounds mean now but i told him if he tries to open them santa comes and takes the ripped ones back to his shop.. and he asked if he every brings them back i said nope.. can't have ripped presents under a tree so he has not touch one since!!! and we have had presents under their for about 3 weeks....
    boyer94

Answer by boyer94 at 4:27 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• We're not putting any presents under the tree until Christmas Eve night( I have a 2 yo, too). I really don't have an answer on how to keep your LO from unwrapping them.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 10:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• LOL im going through the same thing!!! my 3 year old opened every X mas gift in a HUGE box my grandmother sent..... thank god i havent done my shopping yet but i probably wont be putting out gift in x mas eve!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Lol...I am having the same problem with my 11 month old. I ended up putting them in another room..

jepelican

Answer by jepelican at 10:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I think the best and easiest solution is to put them away until Christmas Eve, unfortunately : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• awww
    we havent even got a tree yet. my mil isnt in the christmas sprit. so we havent even been christmas shopping. I just started working so monday is going to go christmas shopping.
    we also have to celebrate it the day after christmas since i have to work christmas eve and chirstmas...wish me luck
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Don't put them under the Christmas Tree. It is pretty unfair to tempt a child with presents and then get mad that they can't control the impulse to open them.
    Kaelaasmom

Answer by Kaelaasmom at 10:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i saw on jon and kate plus eight that they used a fence around the tree. it kept them from getting to the gifts but was still exciting to see them undre the tree
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i would say just put them away. my 2 year old tried to unwrap a couple. i told her no and that was that. i guess im lucky that for major things she will listen, other things she never does
    CAarmywife

Answer by CAarmywife at 11:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Put the tree in a room that is blocked by a baby gate.
    Do not put the presents out until Christmas Eve.
    Use a half tree on a high table and put the presents there.
    Surround the tree and presents with a large enclosed babygate.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 12:07 AM on Dec. 18, 2008