after a second baby has anyone lost alot alot of their hair how can i fix this?

i have heard that obviously your hair stops growing when ur pregnant nd then after you obviously give birth ur hormones go rapid crazy my first pregnancy i lost hair nd it had kinda gave me alil bald spot for a short period of time but now after my second son im losing EXTREMELY alot alot of hair like before taking a shower i comb it and its alot then when i get in the shower omg its like a ball like literally a thick ball of it and i noticed my hair looks thinner that you can basically see my scalp does anyone have any products in mind that can help or home remedies???

prettym0mmiie

Asked by prettym0mmiie at 10:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• First off, your hair does NOT stop growing when you're pregnant. In most women, it grows faster & thicker, and the excess fall-out later on is because of the hormones. If it's that bad, you may need to see your doctor about an underlying problem, like thyroid problems. If you had thin hair before pregnancy, it'll go back to being thin - mine's thinner now than before I started having kids, and I lose it like crazy too - and my youngest is almost 2.
    Anonymous

• Also, try taking your prenatal vitamins. A Lot of times after having your baby and if your breastfeeding you are losing nutrition to your breast milk and taking your prenatal will help you.
    JessicaElena

Answer by JessicaElena at 12:16 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• actually sugar you got it backwards. your hair & nails grow so much faster when your prego, because of the extra hormones & vitamans. then after birth your hormones are trying to stablize themselves so you will see a loss of hair.the changes in hormones is also why you have the blues after the baby is born. Every so often your body will go thru hormonal changes and the hair will drop more than usual. Mine i have noticed will do that about every 5-7 years. check to see if you have new hair twiggs around your face, as long as you can see those around you face then your hair is regrowing back in. If not, you should see the doctor, but dont fret, it sounds like your hormones. although thats doesnt keep you from being alarmed all the same...hope this helps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Dec. 18, 2008