4 year old not using the bathroom.

I am having a problem with my 4 year old son not going to the bathroom when he has to go. I noticed this problem during a trip to north carolina when he didn't go to the bathroom at any of the rest stops. Only to pee 6 hrs later when we got to my brothers house. I would like to know how can I get him to start using the bathroom more instead of making him sit on the toliet every 30 min??

Princessstar024

Asked by Princessstar024 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i would like to know the answer to that too i have 4 yr old twin girls and i thought they were both getting it and then one just stopped using the potty. she'll sit at the table eating dinner and pee on the floor i don't get it
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• It's a control issue, my nephew does the same thing. My sister in law spoke to the doctor and that is what he told her. They don't want to be told to go to the bathroom, that is why they hold it in. They will do it on their own.
    Nelson2004

Answer by Nelson2004 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2008