negative?

Ok, I was supposed to have my period on the 15 of this month and I am now 3 days late. I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative. So, what do I do now? Why is it negative? This is very confusing to me. I have a very regular cycle and I am not on any birth control. thanks for your time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• With my first, i took 4 HPTs and 2 came back negative, and 2 inconclusive. I am VERY regular and I just had a feeling.............I called the dr, and went in and it turned out I was preggers. If you're concerned, call the doc. They will be able to let you know for sure. Also, stress can cause you to miss a period no matter how regular you are.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You may need to give it a little more time. With my current pregnancy my first test was negative, and a week later I took a second test and sure enough, I am pregnant.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• It's just too early. If you don't get your period in another week or so, test again. There will be more hormone for the test to pick up. Or, you can get a blood test, which is more reliable anyway.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• It's negative because your not pregnant.
    Anonymous

• See that's what doesn't make any sense with my other 2 children I was only 2 or 3 days late and ait came up positive quick. Oh to the one who thinks just because it is a negative it mean not pregnant tell that to my mother in law when the doctors even told her she wasn't pregnant with a blood test. Every test she took was negative and she had an almost 9 pound baby who is my hubby!!!
    Anonymous

• With my first son I had a positive with my first test. It depends on your level of hormones, and you could have ovulated at a different time or simply gotten pregnant closer to your period than usual which could mean your hormone levels just aren't as high as they were with previous pregnancies.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I have been stressed but nothing crazy. But I will take one again in a week if my period doesn't come. I guess I just hate waiting and not knowing one way or the other. Thanks for taking the time answer a pretty stupid question.
    Anonymous