pregnant while pregnant

I had a friend and her older sister got pregnant while she was pregnant is this common or i guess i mean how likely is it i never heard of it before her sister bc I knwo the cervix is closed so I didnt think it was possible for sperm to get in....but they are fisty buggers sometimes I guess. or was this a story???? I heard but didnt see it so her story may be nothing more then a story idk???

mocamomma22

Asked by mocamomma22 at 10:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Uh, yeah, just a story! That's impossible!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• It's impossible to get pregnant while you're already pregnant.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• regaurds to my qustion... is it bc the cervix is closed????
    mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Once you are pregnant you can't get any more pregnant this is a story.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• When you are pregnant you do NOT ovulate. You have to ovulate for the egg to be present. When an egg is fertilized and implants, your body produces hormones that stop you from ovulating again until you are through with that pregnancy. It is not possible to get pregnant "again" while you are already pregnant.
    Anonymous

• It has nothing to do with your cervix and everything to do with the fact you have to produce an egg to be fertilized...and if you already have a fertilized egg growing in your uterus you will not ovulate another egg.
    Anonymous

• It is possible to get pregnant while pregnant, it is called superfetation. Rare in humans but it does happen.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 10:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I'm sorry, but think about this! Have you ever known someone to be pregnant, deliver, and then deliver again a few months later when the "second" baby is fully developed? Someone sold you or your friend a line of bull!
    Anonymous

• okay thank you
    mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• well she is a little dense lol but I tried to argue but couldnt explain why so I guess that makes me a bit dense too lol
    mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2008