34 weeks tomorrow... what would you do?

Today since 6:30am I have had off and on contrations (maybe braxton hicks) but they last sometimes a minute long on averages and sometimes painful. They can occure sometimes every 5-7 minutes then go away suddenly for an hour or so then come back. This has been going on all day. Sometimes with the contractions I get a lot of pain in the vaginal area like something is pushing. I am alreay between 1-2cm dialated that was 2 weeks ago. I also notice reduced movement in the baby, but she is still moving (just like shifting now and again). I have a loss in appitite, and my blood sugar has been on low side, I adjust my insulin to a per carb ratio, but understand maybe it is a reduced appitite. I do not know, maybe I am worrying about nothing, but anyone think labor is drawing near to soon, or I am dialating? My next appt., US and NST is not till Tuesday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well when i was preggo the same thing that is happening to you was happening to me. But i was already 1 cem for about 34-36 weeks. You would know when it is time to go in.They go start kicking yo butt. Your not going to be able to even walk,talk and barely breath. You should take it easy and have your bags ready to go!!! Good Luck!!!!!
    Moneshia

Answer by Moneshia at 10:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• if you get really worried go to l&d tell them you been having contractions like you said. well everything you wrote on there see what they said.
    HELL i was in and out of labor since i was 28wks. made it to 36 with a emer. c-sec for pre-clasea. i told my doc there was something wrong he said no your fine i got a second option.
    I hope all is well.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You should call your dr right away. Sounds like the beginning of labor to me. But my doctor said that you are NOT in labor until you have very painful contractions every 5 minutes for over an hour. But I would just call your dr, tell him/her what's going on and go from there!!!
    MamaKeetz

Answer by MamaKeetz at 11:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I actually started having labor contractions at 23-24 weeks, but I could have sworn they were BH contractions. Because I was sure there was no way possible I could be having true contractions. But, I was. At 25 weeks and laying in L&D I was having full on contractions only 2 min apart. They were bad.. but not as strong as my first labor. But strong enough to have the doctors wondering what was going on. My son was born 2 days later. I used to not worry about BH contractions.. but since the birth of my miracle child.. I am a play it safe person. If you are worried, go to L&D. They will at least check you up, and you wont have to worry. Good luck. :o)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Dec. 18, 2008