Is you child in a summer program? Do you think it helps?

NikkiMarie333

Asked by NikkiMarie333 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes she is and I think it helps her. They do reading, writing and math every day
    NikkiMarie333

Answer by NikkiMarie333 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• My son loves the summer program at school and soooo do I. LOL It helps him to retain what he has learned and the routine is good for structure.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Oh yes...it helps alot.
    Anonymous

• It think most kids gain from summer programs. I don't think that for older children facing retention that a 6 week course should be able to make up for an entire school year/grade/subject. I think we, the parents, need to be on top of things and know what goes on in school at all times regarding teachings and progress. Summer programs are wonderful for enrichment purposes and getting ahead, but no to make-up major grades in most cases, IMO.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• It helps!!! definitely
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• mine are not,but it does help.
    koolmaa

Answer by koolmaa at 9:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• yes..no doubt we will do summer class for a few years to come. (Just ended 2nd grade) She needs major help in math and i/teacher didnt want her to seem clueless when 3rd grade started. luckily the progress report says she is doing better in reading, so i say it helps! Plus it is at her Old school and she likes that they somehow make time for recess.
    carisa

Answer by carisa at 10:17 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• My son was bored and asked to go to summer school and he loves it. He said he wants to go back next summer.
    ozmom2005

Answer by ozmom2005 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2008