How much do you spend on your kids activities?

I just enrolled my daughter in gymnastics and it is $42/month (four classes in the month you pay for) but when I registered of course I got the BS enrollment fee and billed immediately for her recital outfit that she wont wear til May...so I didn't leave without writing a check for over $100 and then I had to go buy her a leotard and some "gymnastics shoes" whatever those are! Good thing she has already had her first class and loved it BIG TIME.

Now I understand why my sister used to get pissed about her daughter crying and acting like ballet was torture...lol...the least they could do is like it!!

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

• I know it is OUTRAGEOUS what you have to pay for things like gymnastics, dance, etc.! Fortunately for us, right now my daughter is into Tae Kwon Do, and there is a church in town that offers free classes! My younger daughter is signed up for cheer leading through the Upwards program, and that cost us $60 and I think there are ten games with practice once a week.

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Nada. We don't have much of that stuff around here - I'd have to drive a couple town over for anything, so we just stick to church/school activities - free!
    Anonymous

• we really dont do anything costly cuz of that reason. plus there 17 months as long as there walking around there happy. everyonce in awhile go to monkeyjoes.
    WE are however about to put them in daycare 2-3 times a wk. just to let them play. i work from 9pm-7am so from 8-2 on those days they can play while mama gets sleep lol*
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Mishelly: My son would love that!
    He is in Taekwon right now and it is 100 a month plus an additional 40 bucks eveyr other month when they do their test. Yikes!
    My daughter did soccer through the parks and rec and it was only 30 bucks total for the whole season plus shoes and shin guards. not bad.
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 3:43 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My oldest son does Football which costs £200 a month for him to train on a private pitch with 11 other boys his age with a extremely qualified coach.

Plus my husband just when and bought him football boots which cost £120 which i thought was stupid because he is only 5 and we bought him the new man u kit which cost £45 for christmas.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 8:56 AM on Dec. 18, 2008