How can I induce my labor???????

I'm due Monday but I am not dilated at all. I am completely thinned out so the dr's say that once I do dilate, I should dilate fast. Well, I want to hear the old wives tales that help you dilate to get the party started. Contractions are there, just need to dilate. I try to walk every day and do the deed with my hubby but so far, no good. Maybe I'm not doing it enough! Let me know!!!!!!! thanks

MamaKeetz

Asked by MamaKeetz at 10:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I love it... "If you want to make yourself MORE miserable then here you go: Sex/orgasm" that's just hilarious. Uhm, it might be true that your baby won't come till it is ready, but stimulating contractions will help to get things toned and maybe dilate you a bit, even if it doesn't send you into labor, and that can't hurt! (And if your baby doesn't come "til it's ready", then why are we worried about premature birth from trying to induce early? Just a question....) I did nipple stimulation and that brought on contractions, but no labor. Like a previous poster, I was 3 cm and 90% for weeks and was then induced (and dilated to 7 cm painlessly by the way - pitocin isn't hell all the way). Good stuff - it's so fun to see everyone's responses.
    busyizzybsmom

Answer by busyizzybsmom at 2:27 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• wait for nature. none of the old wives tales will do you any good if your baby and your body aren't ready.
    Anonymous

• Then why do doctors induce labor???? I'm pretty sure that my baby and I will be fine doing some old wives tales but thanks for your useful answer
    MamaKeetz

Answer by MamaKeetz at 11:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• doctors induce labor when the mother or baby are showing signs of distress or other medical issues. not just because mommy wants to have a baby today.
    Anonymous

• lol my dr told me I could try ONE of these three things....
    1. suppository
    2. sex
    3. walk

So what did I do? I did all 3 and all that happened is I had really really sore legs and a really upset stomach and diarreah lmao!!!! and still NO baby!!!!!!

Dr finally had to induce me, it just wasn't my time!!!!
    heavens1stlight

Answer by heavens1stlight at 11:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• That is very incorrect! They won't let you stay pregnant forever. If your over 7 days late, then induce!
    MamaKeetz

Answer by MamaKeetz at 11:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• A yoga ball???Sex and walking... um I had sex at 34 weeks not trying to start my labor and my water broke. You try getting on your hands and knees and rockmaybe it would help get the baby down there good. sorry thats all i got.
    Anonymous

• My last pregnancy I walked around 80% effaced, 3cm dialated for 3 1/2 weeks. I tried Raspberry leaf tea, castor oil, sex, walking, squating, nipple stimulation, and finially at 37 weeks I had her. I really think is was nature, I do not think anything helped otherwise. Sorry. I know it is rough. I have 6weeks to 40, I hope it is much sooner with this one as well. I am miserable. Good Luck. I know it is a pain, the waiting game. That and you want to be holding the new little one.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• its longer then 7 days late hun. i know a person who was a month over due. they messed up her edd and so it was a good thing they didnt induce her. yes the usully induce if there is something wrong or almost a month overdue. unless you have a doc who lets you do what-ever really.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• MommyPeck why would be trying all that before 37 weeks. I mean you "finally" had your baby at 37 weeks that is when yo are full term..

Now they do start to talk induction around 40wks if you are not showing any progress. But I wouldnt let them. You can try what you want to and if your baby is ready then it will come if its not them your baby will stay.
    Anonymous