How often do they acutally check you out down there?

I'm 31 weeks and the only time they like examaned me was the first visit when you get the pap. Is that normal? I thought they look at how everything is down there a little more than that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• unless you are having issues with contractions, they generally don't start checking until you are considered full term, which means your doc may start at 36 weeks or wait until you are 37 weeks. The reason they like to wait is because checking your cervix can irritate it and cause dilation, not a good thing if you aren't full term yet.
    Anonymous

• I only got examined down there my first visit and then again when I was 36 weeks along because I wanted to be examined to see if I was dilated. I make them check me every time now!
    MamaKeetz

Answer by MamaKeetz at 11:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• thanx I wanted to know how it is with other people cause i'm havcing doubts about my Dr.
    Anonymous

• Not including the times I went to the hospital I think I was checked out 3 or 4 times, but after the first time (at my first appointment) they were all after 33 weeks, but I went into pre-term labor and they wanted to keep an eye on me.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• well usually they don't check you out until you get within like a week or two of your due date, if you want them to that is.. they usually check to see if you are dilated, don't worry they will see "it" enough when you go into labor at the hospital. LOL  you lose all modesty!

Anonymous

• Oh, I also forgot to mention, you will be checked out between 34-36 weeks because they do the Group B Strep test at that time.

(For more information on GBS got o this site:
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/groupbstrepinfection.html)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i was examined my 1st visit and then every week my last month to see if i had dialated
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 11:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2008