A Question about Doctors

My Youngest DD has a doctor through my husbands insurance. My other DD hasn't been moved to that doctor yet because we are still waiting on her physical appt which is next month. They wont take her untill she has her physical and everything. The old doctor is more of a clinic because we have medical, but I prefered a regular doctor. Anyways, we don't have the 20.00 co payment, so if the old doctor will take her my youngest baby, would it be ok to take her there because she is sick and may have an ear infection. I 'm just wondering if it would be bad to take her to another doctor who hasn't seen her the last few visits...did I make sence?? lol

maderacaligirl

Asked by maderacaligirl at 11:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if she is sick, take her to which ever Dr. will see her.

IMO I think that's crap that the new Dr. office won't see her at all until her physical.
    Anonymous

• it should be ok that the dr hasnt seen her the last few visitsep him posted on if you make sure to tell him that you think she may have a possible ear infection and why :example yugging on ear crying unlike herself etc. I have even taken my boys to urgent care facility for an ear infection and they have never complained about not being the childs primary care dr
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I do understand what your saying like if you haven't brought them for the last couple physicals and then bring them in for an emergency, if its a clinic or someone you've seen before they wouldn't have any problem they might just ask if there's anything new that they need to know. But if I were you I would try to stay with one and if a 20 dollar co-pay is too much then just stick with the clinic, as long as your satisfied with the care. The other good thing about clinic's is they usually have walk-ins and you should be seeing the same dr for well-child visits even in a clinic setting.
    CrzyMa

Answer by CrzyMa at 9:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2008