How can I potty train my three year old

Okay so here's the deal, my daughter turned 3 in september and I still can't get her potty trained. I have tryed everything. HEEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!!!!!!

freebirdchick87

Asked by freebirdchick87 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I know it's very aggravating but when she's ready she'll do it. I found that when I quit nagging and getting on to my son, it just sort of happened. I didn't not put any pressure on him.
    delta27

Answer by delta27 at 10:04 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I agree, my dd was pushing 3.5 when she finally trained, but once she got it, that was it, no accidents, its like it clicked and that was that. My ped said that 25% aren't trained by 3, so don't worry too much about it. He also suggested going to the $1 store and buying 20 gifts, wrapping them and putting them on top of the fridge. Every time she goes she gets a present. Make sure she can see them every day. I gave a Hershey's kiss for each pee and a gift for each poop. She started peeing on the potty right away np, but the pooping took a few days, I think she was afraid so the dollar store gifts helped tremendously.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Have you tried letting her wear underwear during the day? If they are in diapers or pull ups, I don't think it really works. With my 3 yr old daughter, she has been pooping on the potty for over a month now, it was the peeing that was the issue. I was told to let her wear underwear during the day, It's actually been going quite well now, she lets me know when she needs to go to the bathroom. She had an accident last night, because she didn't get to the potty quickly enough, she will learn though. Give her time, she will eventually go! If you have any questions, let me know.
    Nelson2004

Answer by Nelson2004 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2008