Why

Why does so many mama's want to induce labor way before there due date?
I mean i had a emer c-sec. at 36 wks. and almost died and one of my sons were in the nicu for a wk 1/2.
I see mama's wanting to start at say 32 wks. Why?
Cuz your uncomftable. yes dont you think i was. i was 100lbs got up to 200. I was funneling (dileting top to bottom not bottom to top) my belly was bleeding even with out me touching it. at 34 wks i couldnt even walk. there was more...but i fought for my kids to stay in.
Yes the docs can deliever heathy babies at from 36 wks but why risk not even holdig your baby or yet death of the baby...this bothers me.
yes its your life your preg your baby... your a momma you are expose to protect them so why you just thowing them out there like that.

mama2twins07

Asked by mama2twins07 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My son almost died because he couldnt breath and there was fluid in his lungs. They told me for a week that I had to expect the worst then after that they started to say well this is getting better and then they started to take things off one by one. And i finally held him for the first time. I KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE to have to use that phone everyday to be able to see your baby I know hat it is like to have to leave your baby every day because they wont let you stay. I know what it is like to have a nurse KNOW your baby when you dont. I will not go through that again. That is why I will wait. I have a c-sec scheduled for 39wks and they choose that not me. But they think it is best because it has only been a year sence my last c-sec. But if she tries to come before then and they don stop it then so be it but i will NOT kick her out for me to be comfortable again
    Anonymous

• I wonder that as well. My due date is Saturday, and even though I want to see my little girl SO bad...I refuse to be induced before I'm 41 weeks. I don't want to be induced without necessity...and it's not necessary for me until 41 weeks.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I agree with you. I had mine at 35 weeks and he was in the NICU for 2weeks. He almost died. I had my next at 38 weeks and this one I am at 35 weeks and will wait til she is ready. I dont understand why they want to kick them out so early.
    Anonymous

• it yerks me...and for some reason as yall read really upsets me. I cant help it. i guess cuz i was very uncomfy and fought for my kids. and ppl are taking the easy way out. not understanding the risks. they most of the time never seen a baby in the nicu.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• mommytobe626 my teachers son was born at 36wks he was fine had a lil problems breathing just like my son he died at 13 days old. I wasnt even allowed to hold my lil one til the day b4 i got to bring him home. it broke my heart.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• It is completely possible for a baby to be born at 32 weeks and on and be fine. but it is also completely possible for a baby to be born a 38 weeks and have complications. Because Dr.s do not KNOW exactly how far along you are. It is just a guess unless you KNOW the day you ot pregnant they cant tell you a exact.
    Anonymous

• i am with you on that one when the baby is ready to come out they will come out. my daughter was born at 24 weeks gestation and spent 8 months in the NICU and i didnt even get to hold her until she was 5 months old. my son that was born this october is still in the NICU and we are praying that he will be home for christmas since that was his due date. let nature take its course unless your baby is in danger or if you are in danger.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I don't know why ppl get like that either. In my eyes it's just selfish. If everything is fine then just wait and let it happen natural. I was induced at 38 weeks because of some risks. and I admit it was kinda nice to just go in and know when i was going to have him. im scared this time of bein in the rush of goin to the hospitol and goin into labor on my own but no matter how scared i get of it i will not induce unless my baby or me is at risk.
    Anonymous

• my dr wanted to induce me a week before my due date (38 weeks). i told him no, then he wanted to induce me on my due date. i again told him no so he scheduled my induction for 40 weeks. even then i was uneasy with the idea of them forcing her out, even tho i was ready to have her. there hadnt been any complications the entire pregnancy so i didnt see the point in delivering early. i did end up being induced but only b/c it had been 24 hrs after my water broke & no labor. even then they were pushing me to get induced as soon as i came into the hospital, didnt want me to see if my body would just do into labor.

i think the drs want to fit you into their overbooked schedules. they want to make sure they deliver the baby so they get your $$. just another sign of the stupidity of our medical system...ugh
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My son was born at thirty weeks and I can't imagine wanting to induce labor. The 35 days that my son was in the N.I.C.U. were the worst days of my life. I was afraid to pick up my phone when it rang for fear it would be one of the nurses calling with bad news. I can remember when my son was scheduled to come home and they were considering keeping him an extra day and my heart dropped into my stomach because of the disappointment. I don't think these women realize how lucky they are to be bringing happy, healthy, beautiful babies into this world.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 1:07 AM on Dec. 18, 2008