Fiance putting his mom first?

My fiance is coming home from another state this week. He asked his mom to pick him up from the airport. We've been together for 9 years. I just burst into tears and asked him if his mom is the first person he wants to see when he gets back and hung up on him. I'm PMSing but am I overreacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• No, I would have felt the same way. Unless he has something very important to discuss with her on his way home....
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Thanks--he doesn't. This is a consistent issue with us.
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 11:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• hell no my man is always out of state and if he ever came home and wanted his mom to pick him up I would be pissed and tell him he might just wanna get back on the tit
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• you need to talk with him and let him know that even though his mom is really important to him, that since you are engaged, almost married that you need to be put first in everything. He really needs to cut the umbilical cord. This means doing things like asking you to pick up up from the airport, and being accountable to you and to you alone! Everything he does, every decision you make needs to be done as a team... because once you get married you are one. Its really hard for guys to adjust this way... for my husband too, although he's getting better.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You are not over reacting. Let him know how upset you are. Trust me, deal with this issue before you get married! I dealt with things like that with my dh, and thought somehow it would get better once we got married, and it got worse. Then waaay worse once we had kids! I swear, 90% of our arguments are about something like that. Sorry you have to deal with it too!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 12:24 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yes you are over reacting. She is his mother! If the relationship he has with her is going to bother you, then you've got a long road ahead of you. Deal with your feelings now before you turn into one of those wives who's jealousy devours them. ^^

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2008