• In the Spotlight:

Anyone else have to go to three different "Christmases" on Christmas?

It's my son's first Christmas so we are still working out the kinks with the families. I have a feeling it's going to be a long day. Plus a two hour drive in the middle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We have to go to 5 places, but we split it up every year between Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and rotate every year to keep it equal.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yep. Every year we did at least 2, usually 3. That was my husband's side of the family & they lived 90 minutes from us, but within 30 minutes of each other. We did more family visits on days near Christmas. It was not fun for me, but our kids loved it. Of course, I did everything needed to keep them rested and fed the right things so we wouldn't have melt-downs or anything. For them it was normal and they enjoyed it - they still do and they are now 30, 29 and 21 !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:02 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• We don't have anywhere to go, so I'd be glad you have 3. We wish we could see both sides of the family but both are in different states and we have no money to get there.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• we have 4 Christmases...but theyre all spread out. the 21st-23rd w/ MIL, 24th-26th w/ FIL, & 27th w/ just the 3 of us, & my parents on the 28th. im just glad we dont have to do them all in a 2 day span or buy presents for everyone. all groups are doing dirty santa exchanges for the adults...yay for cheaper!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:01 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• We have five! Unless someone has changed the schedule again (grrr), it's my mother-in-law's on Christmas Eve afternoon, my parents (with most of my family) Christmas Eve evening, my sister-in-law's (to see my father in law) Christmas Day morning, then back to my parents to see a brother who won't be there Christmas Eve, then to my husband's Grandparents to see the rest of that side of the family. We could actually be going to another stop on Christmas Eve, but we should see all of the same people Christmas Day, so we're not going.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:09 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• its my daughters first christmas as well, she's 5 months old and we have 3 christmas's to go to too and whats real weird is one is 2 hours away too haha. and too be honest i think it's going to go one of 2 ways, shes going to happy with all of the attition or it's going to be overstimulating for her cause alll 3 are going to have quite a few people there. im just going to make sure she's well rested and fed when shes suppose to be and if i can see she's starting to get a little overwhelmed take her to a quiet place to clam down. good luck! :)
    sarrrr13

Answer by sarrrr13 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2008