How do you make your Home feel like a Home?

I need some cozy ideas on how to warm things up !! thanx

MommasCooCoo

Asked by MommasCooCoo at 4:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Home & Garden

• One thing I've found LESS is MORE... the less things I have the better My home feels....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• We've painted our walls warmer colors. Stark white walls just "feel" cold. Personalize your home according to your specific tastes.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Pictures of your kids and family memebers! And if your children are old enough frame some of their art work :)
    adeuslove07

Answer by adeuslove07 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I painted my walls a warm tan color with lots of pics of my kids. I also have a lot of lams instead of using a bright overhead light just seems a lil more cozy to me. And I have a lot of throw rugs!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Paint does make a huge difference and window treatments. I am addicted to HGTV they always have great advice and ideas. Also I know when the house gets messy that it is definitely lived in! ;)
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 8:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• i like warm tan color.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Add lots of pictures of your family and put up curtains - if you don't have them already
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Photos, curtains, a few candles, and a nice cozy blanket on the couch. Get rid of knick-knacks & other random clutter... that just makes a mess & doesn't add to the coziness.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Warm colors like reds, browns, khaki beige, can really make your home feel warmer. Photos of the family help too.
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Just think of your favorite place that feels relaxing and go from there.mimic it or pick the things you like from it.Like the beach..u could use cool blues and light tans.I love pictures of my lil one and no clutter.
    joshismommy

Answer by joshismommy at 9:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2008