2 and half year old wont sleep!

so I have a 2 year old son that doesn't and has never slept throught the night between his 10 month old sister and him I am up and down my 3 story house like 7 or 8 times a night......any advice on how to get them to go to sleep and stay asleep?
neither take a nap during the day and bolth sleep with night lights any advice please...I am so desperite

soldierswife11

Asked by soldierswife11 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am going through the same thing and I am starting to wonder if it is night mare's or acid reflex. My son is 17 months old and has not really slept through the night since he was born. The thing is none of the children in my family had this problem. I know that my son does get acid reflex at times and his doctor told me I could give him 1/2 a teaspoon of mylanta so you may want to look into that.
    meme10083
    meme10083

Answer by meme10083 at 9:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• well do u have a bedtme routine? are u really far away from their bedrooms?
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 12:46 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• my ped dr said that my son was having night terrors. or night mares as most know them by and told me that half a tsp of benadryl 45mins before bed will help him sleep better..we did this for about two weeks and now he sleeps just fine without it..ask you peds dr if you can get somethign to help him sleep better...
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 10:12 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My 23 month old has been waking up the last week SCREAMING like she is afraid and won't go back to sleep in her own bed. I have learned to either let her CIO or take her to the living room and watch tv for about 30 mintues till she is calmed down enough to go back to bed. Most nights it will work some nights I just have to hold her still till she goes to back to sleep.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 11:12 AM on Dec. 18, 2008