Anyone else lacking a prince charming?

My new hubby and I have recently begun to meet new couples to hang out with and I am starting to realize that my husband is completely uncaring, insensitive, and definitely not thoughtful. Compared to these other guys, he looks like a jerk! My friends are always talking about their husbands buying them flowers and setting up a bath with candles for them or cooking dinner or just massaging them, and I can even see that their husbands just do little things for them and act like total gentlemen! Am I the only woman out their that has a husband who doesn't EVER buy flowers, or do ANYTHING nice...I can't even get him to help me around the house!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Are they in the honeymoon stage? How long have you been married? All men show affection differently. Does he do any thing special for you?
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 12:16 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• That sucks to have to hear that and then not have it yourself. Does your husband have any qualities that you love that their husbands don't have? Could you maybe tell him how much those things would mean to you and then ask if he would try doing them? If it makes you feel better, mine isn't all that romantic but he makes me laugh ALL the time and is KILLER in bed. It's a trade-off in life : ( I wish we could have it all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• yeah i dont get flowers or cards...or a lot of hugs or kisses.
    but he does...
    i work so he cleans cooks takes care of the kids...and is way hott in the bed we totolly get each other. i couldnt be with anyone else.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:22 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Read "The Rules for Marriage". Do not let your husband find this book! Good luck.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 12:37 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• how long have they been married.more than likely not very long..but does your husband do anything great for you?
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 12:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• (I posted Q.) We have only been married since October, but we have been together for five years. The others, I suppose, are more in the honeymoon stage. I know my husband has qualities that are great but I just get upset that they aren't directed towards me. For instance, if he sees someone who needs help (like a stranger or something) he will rush to their rescue, but if I need help with something or if I ask for a massage, he's never up for it. So, i do appreciate that he's a nice guy to people who need help, but still, he's just not sweet to me!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• clearly you married him for a reason, everyone thinks the grass is greener on the other side let me tell you very few men out there are the romantic type, I hve one friend that goes on and on about how wonderful her hubby is, mind you i know her hubby better then she thinks he cheated on her with me back in the day (haha b4 her and i were friends and he told me they had split up) in the past he would leave her home with the kids with no phone, no car and disappear for days on end, since they have been married i called to talk to her she was out and he was trying to ask me oh what are you wearing .... and gettting upset when i wouldnt answer the question
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:39 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• cont. some women make their men sound way better then they really are, NO ONE has a perfect relationship and until u realize this you wont be happy, its taken me a long time to figure this out but sweetie u married him for a reason u need to decide if it ws for the right reasons
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:40 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• keep in mind that some of those men could be abusers behind closed doors and putting on a front for an audience. Just appreciate who you have for what he is. He was special to you at one time for a reason. Never envy another person bc things might not be as they seem. At least you know your h is exactly what he appears to be. Love him "warts and all"

Answer by admckenzie at 1:46 AM on Dec. 18, 2008