TMI:Anyone take zoloft and...

weren't able to orgasm?? My BF and i didnt have sex my entire pregnancy for personal reasons and before i had no problem climaxing. I suffered for bad postpartum depression and was put on zoloft because i was breastfeeding. We didn't have sex for about a year and a couple months and we started to again i couldn't orgasm. could this of been from the meds. i can do it fine now that i have been off it but think i need to take it again. i don't know if this could have been from not having sex for so long and having a baby or from the meds. any suggestions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Health

• Yes, it inhibits orgasm. I have been on it for 10 years straight and for the first 10 months or so it was just about impossible to reach orgasm. Now I am back to my usual self.

Zoloft is known for this and many other antidepressants offer the same unfortunate side effect. If you feel that you need to start a medication again, don't be afraid to discuss with your doctor that you did have problems reaching orgasm while on it. He/she may prescribe something a little different.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• you were able to orgasm eventually while taking it though??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yes, I am fine now. When they mess with my doses though I have a short period of time, about a few weeks were I can't orgasm as easily but then I am back to normal.

Good luck.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:03 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Zoloft reduced my sex drive to the point where I was uncomfortable hugging my husband even, so I switched.
    You should try other anti-depressants.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 4:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I am on zoloft now and have been for almost a year now. During my pregnancy and now after. While I was pregnant I was able to have an orgasim but since my baby has been born (she's the 3rd) I haven't even cared to orgasim, I have sex with my DH but not as often as he'd like but right now I just don't feel the desire or feel that I have the time! Wonder if it's related to the med's never thought of that.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 18, 2008