Would you end this friendship?

Okay, two girls are best friends. girl #1 is married, girl #2 is single. Girl #1 calls girl #2 and confides in her a marital issue that she is going through. She asks girl #2 to keep it to herself. Next day girl #2 goes and tells girl #1's sister whole story. Then Girl #2 and sister keep it a secret that they shared this info until girl #1 comes accross evidence that shows what they have done.

If you were girl #1 would you end this friendship? Mind you marital problem includes betrayal.

tigrangl

Asked by tigrangl at 1:11 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Yep. I don't put up with bitches that can't keep their mouths shut.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 1:13 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yep. Learn not to tell people things either. I keep my marriage problems STRICTLY between us now because of that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• No, I wouldn't. But I also wouldn't tell a friend something I wouldn't tell my sister (or brother in my case since I have no sisters).

Answer by gdiamante at 1:16 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Depends. The best kept secret is one you only tell yourself.

Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 1:23 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i wouldnt tell the friend stuff again but did it really hurt anything relationship wise i mean did the sister repeat anything
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:23 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I believe in giving people second chances. You don't know whether or not "#2" is worthy of one until you speak to her candidly and maturely about the matter. Good luck. I know you must be disappointed to find out that your friend isn't as trustworthy as you'd believed.

sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 1:23 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• its kinda skewed. is there a reason #1 wouldn't tell her own sister, herself? i mean, what's the real deal? its not a reason for me to discontinue a friendship, but if someone has to ask strangers(us) what to do, then i'm assuming the friendship between #1 and #2 isn't very deep, anyway.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I'm lost.
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 2:22 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yes, that's mean. But I've learned from my own experience to keep marital issues to yourself.
    beforeyoureyes

Answer by beforeyoureyes at 2:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Okay, my DH had an emotional affair. I told said friend about it in a need to talk to someone. She then turned around and told my 17 year old sister. I love my sister, but she is not one that I would go to for marital advice. My friend then proceeded to tell met hat I needed to leave my H and would not listen to me about anything else. I was trying to save my marriage. My H was completely remorseful and doing anything he could to save our marriage. So my friend continued to talk to my sister and make snide comments about me and my husband and how we were dealing with things.
    tigrangl

Answer by tigrangl at 2:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2008