do you believe in a mothers intution?

the reason why i am asking this is for the fact that it has happened to me twice. In feb 06 i was pregnant with my daughter, and on day i had a feeling that my husband should stay home from work and take me to the doctor. well i sent him to work anyways and two hours later my water broke and i was gushing out blood. well needless to say my daughter was born early from an emergency c-section at 24 weeks.

second story i was pregnant with my son who was born this oct. and i had that feeling again that hubby should stay home and take me to the doctor because the baby wasnt moving and it had been 24 hours. so hubby comes and gets me and takes me too the doctor because i had called him all worried about it. well needless to say i had a bran new son by 830 that night by emergency c-section. the baby was in distress and they could tell since he had pooped in the bag. so i had my son at 31 weeks.

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 1:13 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• Hmmm...my kids are adopted, and I still feel that intuition with them. One of my kids was sick and I kept saying we need to take her to the ER and everyone kept saying no, she just has a cold, she's fine. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and said NO! We're going to the ER..turns out I was right. She had two eye infections and a respiratory infection. My other child has been complaining of a sore throat for a month, DH took her at the beginning of the month and they said she was fine...I said no, there's something wrong with her. I took her back to the dr. last week, they gave her meds and she is like a totally different kid now. This has happened with my kids four times, and all four times I've been right. Even if they're not your bio-kids, I think you can still form that intuition when something is wrong with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• yes I do. To me there is real magic in the bond between a mother and a child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I believe that. When I was 6 months I kept telling my DH to get everything together, crib, dresser, etc. because the baby could come any day. About 3 wks later I went to the ED for swelling and they sent me home. I went again 2 days later and again they sent me home. 2 days later I had my checkup and I was diagnosed with severe preeclampsia and gave birth to my son 2 days later at 30 weeks. Sheesh that was a lot of 2s:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 1:18 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• yep, i do. I knew something was wrong while pregnant with my son. it felt like he was trying to pound his way into the birth canal. turns out he was too big. good thing the doctor decided to listen to me. she laughed it off at first, until she talked with another doc and then they decided to check his weight. I can feel when something is wrong with my kids, like i knew my son wasn't just regulary sick, i called the doc to make an appt and told them he had an ear infection. turns out i was right, all 3 times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I also believe that your babies are connected to you, up until a certain age. When my DD was born, you could tell. when i was upset, she was upset. sometimes i wouldn't make it known i was, and she would be. for instance, my dh was trying to love up on me, and i wasnt' in the mood, i just wanted to sit an relax, cuz it had been a hard day. DD was fine and happy on the other side of the room in her swing. i was upset, but i told my dh, i wasn't in the mood, could i just please sit back and relax. well there goes my daughter, crying and upset. lol. guess she wanted to show daddy how mommy felt. lol
    Anonymous

• Yes, I believe God blesses a mother with natural intuition when it comes to her children.

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 1:42 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Yes i so belive that, children and a mother have a special bond that many can't distinguish.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 8:47 AM on Dec. 18, 2008