So I change my eating habits and cut my calorie intake by half .... and the cravings are intense

and I have all kinds of cravings for sugar and junk that I never had before!! for instance I never drank cola drinks no suddenly I am fighting urges to drink pepsi and coke. I want Dairy Queen sooo...stinkin' bad and even though the nearest one is 25 miles away I am willing to do it.

It's like my body is saying " oh hell no you are not eating 6 servings of veggies a day you must return to your old ways"

how does one not cave into these cravings???

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 11:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Be sure to eat protein. If you are just eating carbs like veggies or bread, you'll end up craving carbs more.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2011

• How much calories are you getting? You may not be getting enough.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2011

• i agree with first poster. and you cant cut out all the bad stuff cold turkey bc what you are experiencing will happen. do it slow. and make sure you are getting adequate amount of calories and carbs
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2011

• sweet fruit! i cut sugar out and was having ridiculous cravings. Strawberries hit the spot. they are so yummy right now.
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 12:24 AM on Jul. 15, 2011

• No less than 1500
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2011

• I think I'm doing okay with carbs I have been eating alot of veggie sandwiches
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2011

• it;s funny you said that because when I posted this my son was eating a bowl of strawberries and left them out right next to me instead of putting them back in the fridge..so I ate them and they were good!
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 12:30 AM on Jul. 15, 2011

• I will have a bowl of canned fruit, you know like the 100 calorie cans. That always helps my cravings. And drink LOTS of water. Sometimes when we think we are hungry, we are really just thirsty. HTH!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:56 AM on Jul. 15, 2011

• Yeah I have lost a lot of weight and sometimes if I am craving something I walk around the block or checkout the nutritional exchange they have a site for it or you can go to the spark people site and they will tell you what the healthy alternative is or lesser calorie item is and that way you can have your craving met and still be on track.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2011