My baby is 3 1/2 mos old. I am caucasian, her dad is from Belize (African American). Her hair is still mostly straight with a little bit of "wave" especially when wet. Someone told me that her daughter was the same way until about a year old now she has very coarse kinky hair that she can make in to beautiful ringkets. Is this typical that most biracial baby hair changes?

hopefulkw

Asked by hopefulkw at 1:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes!!!! My son's hair was so soft until he was about 8 months then it turned into tight curls. My 5 month old has such soft hair now...I'm waiting for the change lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:26 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I really don't know but the caucasian and african mix hair and skin color have me screaming jealousy on a daily basis. It tends to always be beautiful.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:29 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• YES MY DAUGHTER WAS LIKE THAT UNTIL 6 MONTHS NOW SHE IS 9 AND HAS VERY THICK VERY KINKY AND CAN DO ALL KINDS OF CUTE STYLES BUT ALL MIXED ARE NOT THE SAME MY SISTERS GIRLS HAVE STAIGHT HAIR YOU JUST NEVER KNOW !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• personally i think it always depends. i am not biracial but i have plenty of cousins and friends who are. in my opinion...you really wont be able to tell until you child is older. i am black and so is my sons father, however, his mother is a quater white...trickle down to my son who was born with a head full of wavy slick down hair. and now at 5 mnths, he has curly hair on his crown, and slick down, long strands of hair everywhere else.

This is just food for thought, but these are links to some information that you maybe able to find useful, or atleast i hope...
    http://www.honeyfig.com/en/products/hair_care/all_about_hair/index.html
    http://www.honeyfig.com/en/products/hair_care/hair_types/index.html

I am always on forums and blog spots relating to hair care and many times i come across blogs that many biracial people use to share information
    dcsmommie

Answer by dcsmommie at 2:04 AM on Dec. 18, 2008