Life changing choice...

Ok, so i currently live in Clarksville Arkansas. I'm from Fayettevile and drive up there every weekend to see my family and friends. Lately, i've been getting homesick and desperately want to move back. But if i do, i'd have to go to a college i hate and leave the one i love behind. I love my college i just hate the location. I feel skrewed either way. I feel bad for up and moving my son away from every thing he's ever known, but this is a really good school and seems to be the only thing really keeping me here. I'd feel like a failure if i moved back home and went to community college. I hope next semester this feeling will pass and i will no want to move back so much. I'm just not sure what to do.

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 1:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• And this question in the Toddlers section because.......??????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Who cares what section it's in...seriously. People can be so bitchy sometimes for no reason.

How much longer do you have in college? Is there a college that you can transfer to where you are from that's not a community college or at least something closer? I moved my son 3 hours away from the his grandma, his dad, etc. I felt so bad...but it was what was best for us at the time and I'm glad I did it now. He has no ill-effects from it. Kids bounce back very easily.

Think about what is best for you. Is it better you stay and just keep pluggin away, then move back when you're done? Is it better to move and just get the same degree at a community college? What is easiest on you? Where's your help?
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:43 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I think you kinda answered your own question without realizing it :)
    You are homesick but you value your education and the establishment you are recieving it from. If you are happy with your school and your child is doing well where you are now and you are able to drive back and forth for a while I say you should stay in the school you love. Plus transferring credits is a HUGE PAIN!!!! You may be homesick now but how disapointed would you be if you left school now for a different one and left your SO behind as well.
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 1:52 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I agree, stick it out at your school, at least until summer. How long is your program? Would you lose credits? I just moved my daughter 2,500 miles from all her extended family, I feel very guilty every time we leave them. But you have to do what's best for your future. Or what the Navy tells you to do in our case.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:08 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Hang in there get your degree first then move back if you want.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 6:39 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Why don't you just wait until your done with school until moving? School doesn't last forever you know and homesickness does go away. Especially if every weekend your going to see everybody and maybe see if your family (your mom or dad or whoever) can come to you during the week one evening for dinner that might make you feel better. It's good that your within driving distance though isn't it? Imagine if you moved like halfway across country? I know you feel homesick but like you said your school is really good and you would have to go to a school which you hate which might make you opt to quit and you don't want that to happen since it seems your doing the right thing with having your son and going to school, I sure wish I did it. It's a sacrifice that in the future you will sure be thankful that you made girl.
    CrzyMa

Answer by CrzyMa at 9:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I would finish school first because your education is the most important. I totally understand about being homesick, i'm the same way about my home town. You have to look at the best interest for your child. As long as they are young, moving will not affect them as much as it would when they get older.
    delta27

Answer by delta27 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• People are bitchy. And for the record it's in the toddler section because of my baby, who i'm most concerned about. And yeah there's the University of Arkansas which i swore to myself i'd never attend because they're so athletic based there and i can't stand those football players. I love my college, and want to stay but at the same time i want to go home. I think i'll get over it. Thanks so much!!!
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:13 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• My daughter is almost 2 and we may be uprooting and moving across the country, too. It makes me sad that she'll be away from her grandparents and stuff, that's going to be really hard b/c they love her and she loves them so much... but it may be what we are meant to do. We haven't fully decided yet so it won't happen anytime soon, but... it's still tough to think about. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation!
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 12:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2008