Who is pregnant, him or me? Can you trust him to shop?

I sent him grocery shopping today and this is the complete list of what he purchased.

Two gallons of chocolate milk
A massive bag of Hershey's mixed chocolates
Nerds candy
Bottle Caps candy
Jolly Rancher gummies
A large bag of Christmas m&m's
and four pizzas

Uhhhh..... need I say more? I am going grocery shopping tomorrow and he is not invited.

So who is really pregnant here? Can you trust your man to shop?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:39 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• He sounds like hes 7 not pregnant LOL....you know that sounds something like what my husband would do just to make sure he would never have to go by himself again. You should just make a meal for him out of those items he bought, I bet he'd change shopping habbits if he knew he was getting chocolate milk, hershey chocolates as an entree, nerds as a side and jolly rancher gummies as another side..i dont know just a thought

Oh and no my hsuband NEVER is allowed to grocery shop alone unless Im gone out of state to help family or if i call him to stop and get one Specific item and nothing else.
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 1:47 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• LMAO! My SIL's husband gained ALL the weight when she was pregnant...THAT is probally why.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• LOL Joshua is a WONDER to shop with. I love sending him cuz he gets all the good stuff HEALTHY stuff. LOLOLOLOL. I'm usually the one to grab all the crap foods.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 1:43 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• OMG ReneeLRS that is a hilarious-get-the-point-across-idea!

Tomorrow at breakfast we are all having a candy feast... then I am leaving him with my four year old sugared up step son while I really do the grocery shopping.

You have me cracking up!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:49 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• OMG TOOOOO FUNNY
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 2:00 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• When we were living in SC this summer, I was home visiting family in MI and there was a hurricane/ tropical storm heading our way. I was flying in before it hit, but I sent hubby shopping for supplies. Apparently our commissary was having a bulk sale that day, so he bought a box with ten boxes of fruit snacks, a million tiny boxes of cereal (we're still eating them), 12 cans of corn, 12 cans of chicken noodle soup, 12 mac and cheese mixes, but no batteries, no water, and no food that you can eat without electricity. I sent him back out with one of my friends to help.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:40 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Sometimes I think my husband does things wrong on purpose so I won't ask him to do it again. It does not work. Does that sound like a trick your husband would use? Maybe he doesn't want to go grocery shopping and he figured if he messed it up, you'd just do it yourself from now on. Men are sneaky that way.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 3:35 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i can trust hubby cause he is a health freak but sometimes its hard because he is one of those that when asked what he wants for dinner his responses is "i don't know , doesn't matter, whatever you want, i don't care" response so if i sent him he would have NO choice but to make a decision

careful with that suger fest but...... its a good idea .... he just might think its his lucky day till the suger high falls

Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 4:28 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I sent my dh to the store on saturday for the first time in a long time. I asked him how much he spent and he said...$60. I was like..okay, thats good. When I got home, I found 5 frozen pizzas, frozen burritos, pizza rolls, one loaf of bread, 2 bottles of mtn dew, nilla wafers, chips, cereal, poptarts, and I think he got some milk. That was about it. Needless to say, I had to go back yesterday to spend another $100 for what we really needed. He told me if I didn;t like it, then to not send him again...I agreed.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• NO way! He cannot shop by himself and I wouldn't let him. He has started going with me now that I"m in the freakin' third trimester, but I usually do it all myself. I prefer going alone since he tries to rush me to get it all done in under 30 mins.!
    Anonymous