Has anyone slept on their stomach past 24 weeks?

I am in my 24th week of pregnancy and sleeping is getting so irritating. I am worried to sleep on my stomach but its the only way i can fall asleep. I cant sleep completely on my side bc it hurts my hips so bad i wake up in pain an all the next day it hurts. so its not an option at all. and never will be. I know not to sleep on my back while preggy and cant fall asleep that way ever anyways. so i have done a modified half on belly half on stomach with one leg up...but i know this still puts pressure on one side of the belly, but i dont know any other way i could possibly sleep. My doctor just said, sleep on your left side. Anyone had this same problem and did u continue on ur stomach or half on stomach after your second trimester?

soveryconfused

Asked by soveryconfused at 1:53 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm a tummy sleeper, and I'll find myself rolled over on to my stomach in the middle of the night... the risk of something happening is incredibly minimal. They only recommend you sleep on your left side due to blood flow. However, it's impossible to control which direction you sleep at all times. The main reason they recommend you don't sleep on your stomach is because of discomfort that it causes you, not any risk to the baby.
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 2:03 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I slept on my tummy the whole time with both kids and they're both healthy
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:18 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I sleep on my tummy and I'm 30 wks. I usually put a pillow on each side to make it more comfortable, and it puts less pressure on my belly.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:06 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Holy crap I could not imagine sleeping on my huge tummy at 40 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I'm just like you. I managed some form of tummy sleeping through my whole pregnancy. I used a body pillow, and toward the end, I would wedge my tummy between the pillow and the bed. I tend to sleep facing my left side, so kind of laying on my right side, but unless you've been having problems, I don't think it matters too much which side you're on, as long as you're not on your back. My son came out just fine.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:16 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I had an air mattress while I was pregnant with my son and it cradled my belly just right so I was a tummy sleeper the WHOLE time. There really isn't a risk to the baby, he's in his own little safe cocoon in there surrounded by a giant waterbed :-) If that's the only way you can sleep momma, then go for it - you need your rest!
    Aidans_Mom915

Answer by Aidans_Mom915 at 9:40 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I do. I'm 31 weeks. It's not uncomfy. I did until almost the end in my last pregnancy too.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• smashing the baby or the sac. you don;t know if that is really hurting ur baby, u should try to go to the doctors and lay on ur stomach and have u hooked up to hear and see the babys heartbeat and if it goes up and down.
    Anonymous

• thanks. well im not going to sleep completely on my tummy but the half thing i will continue until its not working. then i will figure something else out.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 4:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2008