Formula help please

Can I mix something like mushed bananas with formula to help get it down?

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 1:59 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your baby is way too young at only one month. Is this a formula he's been on already, or are you making a switch?

Answer by gdiamante at 2:01 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Use a spoon full of baby food to every 4 ounces.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• depends on how old your baby is, if he is under 3 months, you probally shouldn't, his tummy probally cant digest it very well yet, if he is like 4 months or older it should be fine, you will have to poke a bigger hole in the nipple,
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 2:02 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• he's almost two months now, just started this week on formula. was in the NICU his first month and some, mostly on TPN and started breastmilk now only for two weeks. I can't keep up with his need so we had to start formula. I am still pumping, just not getting enough....so he's taking both
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 2:04 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Please stop by the Breastfeeding Moms group and we can help you with the supply issues. remember that what you pump has no bearing on your supply, ever.

I think we can get baby on the breast, and that's vital for a NICU infant. Above all, DO NOT mix anything into formula. Your baby is more fragile than most.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:04 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• he is breastfeeding whenever possible
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 2:06 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I mean actually being put to the breast
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 2:07 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• bananas CAN make babies constipated...so if you do decide to use something, i wouldnt use bananas...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:23 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• if you use anything I would use baby cereal. I started using it on my son who was 3 weeks early when he was about 6 weeks old. You do not want to give anything else like the banannas. It is way too early for that still. You may have to buy a stage 2 nipple or make the hole a little bigger.
    revas

Answer by revas at 10:11 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• baby cereal. works sometimes.i started my babygirl on it when she was 4 weeks..but if it dont work call the babys doc
    s.bryant

Answer by s.bryant at 11:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2008