getting night and day straight

when do babies become accustomed to what is the proper night and day? is there anything I can do to help encourage this process?

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 2:01 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Another one of those things yours is still tooo young for. **smile** At least a few more weeks, and possibly longer. And remember that sleeping through the night is a mere five hours.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:02 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• they ussually notice at aboiut 2 months i think, you can help by trying to keep him up a little longer during the day, try to distract him with toys and things : )
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 2:05 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• god five hours would be sweet. I guess if I'm still pumping though I won't even get that, lol/ gotta love babies
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 2:05 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• What we are doing with our little girl is keeping her up and active as much as possible during they day, with noises games, ect ect. Then when it gets to be night time, slowely make things settle down and put her in her crib after a bath with a warm blanket and a stuffed bear, and some soft lulliby music. I know it can be a lot of work, but it seems to be working for us. She sleeps about 5 to 7 hrs with only a few wake up calls for feeding.

Hope that helps a little
    hirschichocolat

Answer by hirschichocolat at 5:32 AM on Dec. 18, 2008