How can I keep my 10 month old sitting down in the tub?

My 10 month old daughter refuses to sit in the bathtub, she like to stand and try to climb out, no matter how many times i sit her down, what will help teach her that you have to sit when taking a bath?

Trinity32188

Asked by Trinity32188 at 2:07 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is also a bathtub seat you can use and it is really handy. Try singing a silly song or naming body parts you are washing and even counting her fingers.
    revas

Answer by revas at 10:06 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• do you have toys that she can play with? with my nephew, when he was that young they had the same problem....they just distracted him...let him know it was ok to be in the bath, not a punishment, he soon learned to love that time
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 2:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• she has some toys, but they just don't seem to interest her, she will look at them and then ignore them
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 2:18 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Have you tried taking a bath with her? Maybe being in the water too will encourage her to interact with you and not be so interested in standing up or climbing out. Good luck!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 2:53 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• haha. goodluck. i have the same problem with my 13month old. he dosent constantly try to get out, but he walks around in teh bath tub and it drives me crazy cuz i don't want him to sliP!!!! But i got a rubber bath mat for the bottom of the tub to prevent slipping. if you figure something out let me know!
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 12:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2008