How often do you talk to your mother-in-law?

Her son and I are engaged, but how often should I be talking to her? She's obese and is realizing that she may not live a lot longer, so she's all about relationships now, but not necessarily with me, haha!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• devilAlmost NEVER. She's two faced (See sweet pea for example) Even when we are around each other I still avoid conversating with her.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Dont over extend yourself to her. or at least i wouldn't. i assume you are respectful of her, but if she is not so into building something with you then just don't worry about it. just do the best you can as far as having the love for her as the mother of you future husband, but if it was meant for you guys to have something deeper, things would be that way
    dcsmommie

Answer by dcsmommie at 2:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• oh yeah...to answer your question, i dont talk to the other grandmother more than i have to
    dcsmommie

• I talk to my MIL at least once a week. We're actually pretty good friends. We go shopping together and text each other regularly. We actually even get together every christmas and wrap gifts together. We're pretty close.
    keli.23

Answer by keli.23 at 2:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i would be kinda creeped out if i ever had a conversation with my mil
    she's been dead for years
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 2:20 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I live 2,500 miles from mine, but we still talk about once a week. If we lived close it would be much more often, she's wonderful.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:27 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• everyday...right now we are living with her she needed help. and i did att 1st when the boys were born
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Talk to her because she wont be around forever and you dont want and drama or immaturity. I never talk to my MIL, but I wish I had one to talk to. My SOs mom lives far away
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 2:37 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I talk to mine everyday. I'm her "oldest daughter". We're really good friends if we're not in pissy moods. Yeah she yells at me when I need it but hell my OWN mother did that and to me she's my mom now too. We get starbucks and go shopping all the time. I would definitely give her a chance. Remember, you're marrying her son and he's adding you to his mothers heartstrings. I know I will be devastated if my son gets married and his wife doesn't want to talk to me.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Depends on which one LOL. His mom rarely, we have major issues and it's best to keep conversations to a minimum. His step-mom all the time, we talk forever about dumb stuff.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:58 AM on Dec. 18, 2008